Mr. Viss maintains a diverse commercial litigation practice representing a broad clientele base that includes property managers, business owners, developers, commercial and residential real estate owners, and real estate investors. With a focus on real estate law, Mr. Viss has extensive experience with lease enforcement, ejectments, evictions, quiet title actions, matters involving land use and easements, as well as real estate acquisition and closings.
Mr. Viss has also litigated matters in state and federal court involving creditor’s rights, judgment collection, fraudulent conveyances, contract disputes, employment matters and non-compete clauses.
Prior to joining Sirlin Lesser & Benson Mr. Viss worked for a national commercial litigation firm where he handled a variety of matters involving white-collar defense, civil forfeiture and fraudulent conveyances. Mr. Viss also served as law clerk to the Honorable Francine I. Axelrad for the New Jersey Appellate Division.
- Successfully litigated a quiet title and ejectment matter regarding real estate located in Philadelphia County.
- Successfully prosecuted fraudulent conveyance action to collect debt owed to property management company.
- Defended a local business owner in an employment dispute filed in federal court.
- Defended a New Jersey-based commercial real estate development company regarding the terms of 99-year ground lease.
- Prosecuted numerous commercial real estate matters arising out of tenants’ failure to abide by terms of commercial lease.
- Defended asset manager with respect to fraud and breach of contract claims arising from joint venture involving real estate in the United States and Central America.
- Defended commercial real estate owner from claims involving land use, prescriptive easement and storm-water management.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D. (2009); Rutgers Law Review, Staff Editor/Articles Editor; Reed Smith Pro Bono Award for Clinical Excellence; Charles J. Stamler Scholarship recipient.
- Texas Tech University, B.A. (2006); Business/English/History.
- New Jersey