Jon C. Sirlin is the founding partner of Sirlin Lesser & Benson, P.C. Mr. Sirlin has over thirty-five years experience in civil litigation, business litigation and transactional work. Mr. Sirlin is regarded as a foremost expert and lecturer regarding bank garnishment, commercial collections, commercial litigation, partnership disputes and commercial and residential leasing. Mr. Sirlin co-authored the Pennsylvania Form Residential Lease and previously served as the Chairman of Philadelphia Municipal Court Committee. Mr. Sirlin also served as Judge Pro Tem for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Commerce Court and has also frequently served as mediator, successful speaker and organizer.
Mr. Sirlin’s experience as an attorney in Pennsylvania has touched upon, to varying degrees, virtually every area of civil litigation. This breadth of experience coupled with a great depth of knowledge in the areas of commercial litigation and real estate transactional work brings an invaluable perspective to strategic case analysis. Mr. Sirlin’s long standing reputation, fierce dedication to his clients, scholarly and yet practical approach to problem solving and genuine respect and empathy for his clients has made him a rare figure in the legal profession.
Areas of Practice:
Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, Landlord-tenant, Creditor’s Rights, Banking, Tort law, Employment, Construction
Committees & Associations:
- Philadelphia (Chair Landlord Tenant Committee, 1993-1995)
- Consumer Finance Committee, 1999-2002
- Co-Chair, Municipal Court Committee, 1996-2002 (Judicial Selection Commission)
- Judicial Selection Commission various years 1996-2002
- Pennsylvania and American (Member, Section of Litigation) Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Judge Pro Tem for Court of Common Pleas-Commerce Court
- Chairman of Abraham Lincoln Society
- Board Member for Walnut Street Theatre
- Friends of Laurel Hill Cemetery – Board Member – Chairman
- Abraham Lincoln Society – Board Member – (Chair Development Comm)
- Walnut Street Theatre – Board Member
- Gettysburg Foundation – Board Member
- Friends of Independence National Historic Park – Board Member
- Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the U.S. (MOLLUS) – Board Member – Judge Advocate General Penna.
- Civil War Museum of Phila. – Board Member
- Founders Circle – Chairman
- Martindale Hubbell AV distinction
- Villanova University, J.D.
- B.A. Dickinson College with Honors 1970